The Senior Software Engineer is an individual contributor role responsible for full stack development on an exciting patient engagement platform. The communication platform leverages an AI Virtual Assistant which uses automation to streamline and accelerate clinical research. This role is a key member of our Agile software development team building technical solutions for requirements spanning front-end and backend components.
The Root Platform is a novel patient engagement platform that guides participants through their clinical trial journey from first contact to the end of the trial and beyond.
The participant experience in clinical trials is extremely important to keep participants enrolled in their trial, yet participants are constantly given difficult and confusing experiences. In short, clinical trials need to change to follow participants’ schedules, communication styles, and medical needs.
Root exists to create a consistent and excellent patient experience across all facets of a clinical trial. From the introduction via SMS to scheduling visit 3 via phone call to sending the results of the trial via email, Root should be there to help, guide, and keep participants engaged.
- Development — Design and build solutions inside the platform for a select set of user stories.
- Production support — Serve as technical expert for resolution of key technical issues.
- Agility — Move quickly and deliver results within a fast paced, agile software development environment.
- Collaborate — Work effectively with a distributed team of software engineers, product managers, QA engineers, and UX design team members.
- Quality — Write and execute unit tests and conduct peer code reviews.
- Mentor — Leverage experience to provide guidance and support to junior team members.
- Solid computer science and software engineering fundamentals.
- 5+ years experience as full stack software engineer, developing and supporting web applications.
- SQL experience, query optimization and database schema design.
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
- Ability to work independently in a self-motivated manner.
Would be a Plus
- Strong design-thinking product mindset with a particular focus on solving user needs.
- Knowledge of AWS services, including ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda and SQS/SNS.
- Experience ingesting, storing, validating and transforming data in a consumable format.
- Conversational AI experience a plus.
- Prior Healthcare related experience a plus.
- Agile software development experience a plus.